Cautionary questions upon arrival
The restaurant owner is expected to ask the guests a few quick questions upon arrival. If your answer is 'yes' to any of the following questions, you can't be seated in the restaurant.
Have you had any of the following (mild) symptoms in the past 24 hours: a cold, cough, shortness of breath or fever (above 38 degrees Celsius)?
Do you currently have a roommate or family member with a fever or shortness of breath?
Have you had covid-19 (diagnosed by a lab test) and was it diagnosed in the past 14 days?
Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or displaying symptoms of covid-19 in the past 14 days?
General guidelines for guests
Source: Rijksoverheid, last update: 20 may 2020
1. Keep 1.5 meters distance if you're inside (except people who form a joint household and pairs. The rules will be enforced for groups larger than 2, therefore pairs that do not form a joint househould can also be within 1.5 meters of each other).
2. A maximum of 100 guests are allowed inside (excluding staff).
3. More than 100 guests are allowed, but only with a reservation and a health check.
4. Keep 1.5 meters distance if you're outside (except people who form a joint household and pairs. The rules will be enforced for groups larger than 2, therefore pairs that do not form a joint househould can also be within 1.5 meters of each other).
5. A maximum of 250 guests are allowed outside (excluding staff).
6. More than 250 guests are allowed if everyone has their own seat. Only with a reservation and a health check.
7. The restaurant owner is expected to ask the guests a few quick questions upon arrival, to asses whether the visit poses a risk.
8. Stay at home if you have a cold or flu.
9. The restaurant can refuse guests if there are suspected colds and / or flu symptoms.
10. Always follow the directions of the staff.
11. Wash your hands thoroughly upon entry.
12. Wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet.
13. Contact-less payments only (pin or mobile).
14. Products ordered online are delivered to the front door, without physical contact.
15. Guests failing to follow the imposed 1.5m rules within the establishment, can be denied entry or asked to leave the premises. Guests will be held responsible for any damage to the establishment or any fellow guest resulting from their actions.